Multiannual scheme and annual action plan
Société Générale is committed to making its websites and applications accessible, in accordance with the article 47 of the Act No 2005-102 of the 11 February 2005.
For this purpose, we will carry out the strategy and actions listed in Multi-year accessibility plan and the Annual accessibility improvement plan.
This accessibility statement applies to openinnovation.societegenerale.com.
openinnovation.societegenerale.com is partially compliant with the general accessibility improvement standards (RGAA), version 4.1, due to the nonconformities and deviations listed below.
The compliance audit carried out by CFT/ITO Accessibility Team reveals that:
- 72% of the RGAA criteria are respected.
This is the number of criteria fully met on all the pages in the sample.
- The average compliance rate for the application is 82%.
This is the average of the compliance score obtained on each page of the sample.
Content non accessible
We list below all the non-conforming criteria. For details, refer to the audit grid and multi-year plan for continuous improvement.
- Criteria 3.2: In each web page, is the contrast between the color of the text and the color of its background sufficiently high (except in special cases)? 4,5 or 3 depending the text size and bold
- Criteria 6.1: Is each link explicit (excluding special cases)
- Criteria 7.1: Is each script, if necessary, compatible with assistive technologies
- Criteria 7.3: Is each script controllable by the keyboard and by any pointing device (excluding special cases)
- Criteria 9.1: In each web page, is the information structured by the appropriate use of titles
- Criteria 9.2: In each web page, is the structure of the document consistent (excluding special cases)
- Criteria 10.2: In each web page, does the visible content containing information remain present when style sheets are disabled
- Criteria 10.5: In each web page, are the CSS statements of element background and font colors correctly used
- Criteria 10.7: In each web page, for each element receiving the focus, is the focus taken visible
- Criteria 12.1: Does each set of pages have two different navigation systems, at least (excluding special cases)
- Criteria 12.7: In each web page, is there a link for avoidance or quick access to the main content area (excluding special cases)
- Criteria 13.1: For each web page, does the user have control over each time limit modifying the content (excluding special cases)
Derogations for disproportionate burden
No derogation for disproportionate burden has been made.
Content not subject to the obligation of accessibility
Article 3 of Decree no. 2019-768 of 24 July 2019 establishes a list of content exempted from the accessibility obligation.
No content on the site was exempted from the accessibility requirement
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was issued on 3 June 2022.
Technologies used for website development
The following technologies are used on the website:
- HTML 5
User agents, assistive technologies and tools used to verify accessibility
Web page testing was performed with the following combinations of web browsers and screen readers:
- Chrome 99.0.4844.84
- NVDA 2021.3.5
NVDA 2021.3.5 ILM
The following tools were used in the evaluation:
- Browser Code Inspector (Chrome)
- Contrast-Finder for testing color contrasts.
- HeadingsMap extension for Chrome, to visualize the structuring by headings.
Site Pages Subject to Compliance Verification
- Home Page
- Work With Us
- Get Funding
- Discover Our Services
- Bank With Us
- Accessibility Statement
Feedback and contact information
Please help us to improve content accessibility by using this contact address to let us know of any problems you may experience or to request access to inaccessible information or documents. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
This procedure shall be used in the following case.
You have notified the accessibility referent an accessibility defect that prevents you from accessing any of the content or services of Wholesale Banking and you have not been given a satisfying answer.
- By submitting a complaint to the Defender of Rights
- Contact the representative of the Defender of Rights in your region
- Send a letter by mail (free of charge, do not put a stamp on it)
Défenseur des droits
Libre réponse 71120
75342 Paris CEDEX 07